Friday , 3 December 2021
Home » Museums » Bauhaus Foundation Tel Aviv *

Bauhaus Foundation Tel Aviv *

The Bauhaus Foundation in Tel Aviv, Israel, has a private museum on the ground floor of a building built in the International Style in 1934, located on 21 Bialik Street. It is owned by American billionaire, businessperson, art collector and philanthropist Ronald Lauder. The Bauhaus Museum is a single space gallery/museum

The display area of 120 square metres (1,300 sq ft) contains furniture and belongings related to the Bauhaus movement of the 1920s and 1930s, as well as exhibitions about the International Style. Objects and furniture designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Marcel Breuer and Walter Gropius are included. The exhibits were loaned by private collections, mainly Lauder’s own one.

This is a photo of a place that is recognized as a heritage site by the 
Council for the Conservation of Heritage Sites in Israel . 
BergA

Admission is free. The museum is open twice a week, on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.[2]

Bauhaus in Tel Aviv

Bauhaus Center Tel Aviv

Bauhaus Center Tel Aviv is an organization concerned with Bauhaus architecture and design in the city of Tel Aviv, Israel. Buildings designed in the International Style, commonly known as Bauhaus, comprise most of the center of Tel Aviv known as The White City. The vision behind the Center is to raise awareness of the Bauhaus heritage and be part of the cultural and artistic development in Tel Aviv.

The Bauhaus Center, founded by Asher Ben Shmuel, Micha Gross and Shlomit Gross in 2000, is at 77 Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv, Israel. The founders recognized the need to document the history and patrimony of the Bauhaus architecture in Tel Aviv. They established the Center in order to increase awareness of this, and to expose Bauhaus as a style that crosses boundaries between different art media.

The Center has been collaborating closely with the Israel National Commission for UNESCO since the designation of Tel Aviv as a World Heritage Site in 2003. The Center also cooperates with the Municipality of Tel Aviv and several educational institutions, galleries, museums and associations of engineering and architecture.

Bauhaus Center Tel Aviv, 77 Dizengoff St., Storefront
MichaGross

Max Liebling House

Max Liebling House is a Bauhaus-style modernist building in Tel Aviv located at 29 Idelson Street.

Max Leibling house was the first building in the country to use elongated recessed balconies, an adaptation of Le Corbusier’s strip windows. Horizontality is emphasized by the narrow intervals between the building’s parapet and overhang; not only does this have the design impact of emphasizing the horizontal style, it has the practical effect of screening out the heat of the Mediterranean sun. The timbered pergola, a design element frequently seen in Jerusalem, is unusual in Tel Aviv.

Max Liebling House Laliv g

The White City 

The White City is a collection of over 4,000 buildings built in a unique form of the International Style in Tel Aviv from the 1930s, with a strong Bauhaus component, by Jewish architects from Germany and other Central and East European countries with German Cultural influences, who immigrated to the British Mandate of Palestine after the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany. Tel Aviv has the largest number of buildings in the Bauhaus/International Style of any city in the world. 

Cinema Hotel, formerly an International Style movie theater built in the 1930s Picture taken by deror avi 
Classical Bauhaus building, The Thermometer House, named after the shape of its windows
BergA 
The Engel House by architect Zeev Rechter, 1933. A residential building that has become one of the symbols of Modernist architecture. The first building in Tel Aviv to be built on pilotis.
Avi1111 dr. avishai teicher –

About Israel and You

Cameling in the holy land since forever