Mount of the Beatitudes – הר הביאטיטודים – הר האושר – הר נחום
Mount of the Beatitudes refers to the hill in northern Israel where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount, between Capernaum and Gennesaret (Ginosar) near Tabgha, Mount Arbel and Horns of Hattin. The architecture and the gardens are beautiful. The quiet atmosphere is perfect for pilgrims.
The mountain is topped by a Catholic chapel built in 1939 by the Franciscan Sisters with the support of the Italian ruler Mussolini. The building which was constructed by the noted architect Antonio Barluzzi is full of numerical symbolism. In front of the church, the symbols on the pavement represent Justice, Prudence, Fortitude, Charity, Faith and Temperance. Inside the church hangs the cloak from Pope Paul VI’s visit in 1964.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/israelandyou.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slideshow-satellite/views/orbit/jsinit.php on line 17
|Names:||Mount of Beatitudes; Church of the Beatitudes; Church of the Sermon on the Mount|
|Location:||Tabgha, Galilee, Israel|
|Categories:||Biblical Sites; Churches|
|Date:||4th century; 1938|
|Features:||Footsteps of Jesus|
|Photo gallery:||Mount of Beatitudes Photo Gallery|
|Coordinates:||32.880858° N, 35.555792° E (view on Google Maps)|
|Lodging:||View hotels near this location|