Temple Mount Sifting Project
The Temple Mount Sifting Project is the first archaeological sifting of artifacts from the Temple Mount in History. Objects from the First Temple and Second Temple are being uncovered. You have the chance to participate in this unique, archaeological project of sifting this soil, dumped unceremoniously outside the Temple Mount walls by the Jordanian Moslem Waqf. The Temple Mount Sifting Project is as close as you can ever come to excavating the Temple Mount itself.
Sifting Archaeological Rubble from the Temple Mount- City of David
- Advanced registration recommended.
- The Information Center and activities take place at Emek Tzurim National Park
- Public Transportation to Hebrew University will drop you near the site. Bus lines 4, 19 23, 26, 28, 30, 48.
- Ample parking is available in the Beit Orot Parking Lot (near the Mormon University) and in the parking lots of Hebrew University.
- As the site is located on the slope of the mountain, one must descend multiple stairs to reach the Sifting Project.