Looking for peace and quiet in a hide-away far from civilization with a panoramic view worthy of a Nobel Prize? Try out “Cabins in the Mist” (Biktot Baarfel) at Nimrod, close to Mount Hermon in the northern Golan Heights. Nimrod is the highest Jewish community in all of Israel. The venue is perfect neighboring Mt. Hermon and also is on Shvil Hagolan, the Golan Trail hiking route. Just perfect for hikers or bikers.
You can choose a level of service to meet your budget. We choose make an event of sleeping out with the children and grandchildren in the Nachal Nimrod camping grounds in our own tents. You may prefer the VIP attractions.
At the site there are 9 wooden cabin accommodations (Zimmers) for 2-8 persons, each with exotic names and different amenities: First Cabin, Twin Cabins, Upper Cabins, Isolated Cabins, French Cabin and Spa Cabin – all suitable for couples, families or groups. The cabins are marketed as “Chalet Nimrod Castle” and “Alpine Experience in the Middle East”, although TripAdvisor reviews are mixed.
- Accommodations ares on a lodging and breakfast basis (Rich rural breakfast served in your room).
- In the entrance to the family house, in the Heart of the cabin site, you’ll find the Travelers Lounge. Here you will find maps and travel guides of the area and of many other areas in Israel.
- Services and amenities available include: Double jacuzzi, air conditioning and heating/fireplace, body massage, free Wi-Fi, pets allowed, luggage storage, gay friendly
- Room sizes: Single room, bedroom plus living room, living room, dining room and balcony
- In your kitchen you will find: Free hot drinks – coffee, tea, milk, sugar, a kitchenette for light meals, fridge & freezer, microwave and crockery and utensils
- Each Bathroom has a shower, attached bathroom and towels
- Room Service and provide luxuries such as wine.
- A personal chef can be arranged
- Cabin Facilities include: Garden furniture, outdoor grills, park and lawns and free private parking
Phone: 04-6984218; 052-2697718
Nachal Nimrod Camping Site
As I already noted we choose the camp ground. Here service is minimal. There wasn’t even any toilet paper in the toilets. In fact we had to search for Guy and Lilach to pay them in the morning. The most important things were abundant:
- Fresh mountain air relax experience in beautiful scenery
- Peace and quiet at the end of the world…
- Views of the Bircat Ram Lake
- Poyke (cast iron cooking pot) in the campfire…
Not to be confused with Chalet Nimrod Castle Hostel is next to Al Qāţi‘ al Mulāţīs and is located in Quneitra, Syria.