The annual Shaon Horef (Winter Daylight Savings Time) Cultural Festival, held every February, transformed Machane Yehuda, Jerusalem’s main outdoor market, into an amazing center of cultural nightlife: Jerusalem Nightlife. Additional attractions were held in the Hahavatselet, Shushan and Yad Harutsim districts. Events included music, dance, street theater, video art, cooking workshops, parties, artist master classes and exhibitions.
- Holy Lindy Land swing school giving retro dance lessons
- The Prizma Ensemble explored questions of identity, movement and touch in the public space in their eye-catching colorful costumes.
- DJ Ori Bankhalter mixed the sound experience for three hours.
- Legendary Spanish guitarist Jose Carrillo El Fyty led a flamenco celebration.
- A shadow theater production of Maurice Sendak’s classic “Where the Wild Things Are”
- A public dialogue between man and God.
Date for 2016: February 1, 2016 to February 28, 2016
Read also: The Shuk Experience