The two parts of the street between Jerusalem Boulevard, Jaffa and the Jaffa Clock Tower were named Boutrus St. and Howard St. after two prominent Arab Jaffa families. A rail line connected between the Jaffa train station and the port of Jaffa, mainly for export of Jaffa oranges.
Russian Orthodox Jaffa
The Russian Orthodox Church of Tabitha’s Tomb, located in the Abu Kabir, commemorates Peter’s raising of Tabitha from the dead (Acts 9:36-43). Services are open on Sunday at 7:00 A.M. and most Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:00 P.M, with a celestial choir of unseen women chanting the liturgy a capella. It is advised to call to confirm opening and prayer times. (Have a Russian-speaker on hand): +972-(0)3-682-1241.
Grafitti Tourism in Tel Aviv – Jaffa
The Shanti House
Legacy Heritage Center
Beit Shechter and the Lorenz Cafe
These are cast iron sculptures “Menchelach” which means little man in German and are actually shutter holders that grip the edge to prevent it from moving. Tour guides say that the wives could leave male “menchelach” to indicate that hubby is home and a female “menchelach” to indicate that she is at home alone.
Is your husband home?
Suzan Dellal Center
When Neve Tzedek was founded, several new schools were erected around one common court and well:
- Alliance Society Boys School
- Hovevei Zion Yechiely Girls School
- Lewinsky Teacher Seminary
The Suzanne Dellal Centre for Dance and Theatre is Israel’s capital of dance. It was established by the Dellal Family of London – England, in honor of their daughter Suzanne. The Suzanne Dellal Centre is one of the most visited tourist sights in Tel-Aviv.
The Suzanne Dellal Centre is the home of:
However, a few problems still must be dealt with: