The City of Tel Aviv-Yafo Beaches boast 14 kilometers of the best beaches in the world with wide stretches of clean sand and stunning views of the sea and surfers. All of the Tel Aviv west side is one long beach which is divided into beaches named according to the hotel or street nearby – Just a step away from the hustle and bustle. There are 13 beaches along Tel Aviv-Yafo’s coastline. The busiest days are Friday and Saturday (the weekend) and public holidays. But, beware of the jellyfish (medusot).
Tel Aviv Beach season is open!
- All the official beaches have clean toilets and outdoor cold showers. All the beaches are regularly inspected by the Israeli Ministry of the Environment and are considered to be very clean.
- You can rent lounge chairs during the official bathing season (May to October).
- Most of the beaches offer indoor shower stalls and changing rooms.
- Plenty of restaurants, cafes, ice cream parlors and ice-cream vendors all day long – as well as pubs, discos and jazz clubs blossom after dark.
- The religiously observant will find gender-specific swimming at Hof Hadatiyim (Nordau Beach).
- Four beaches are accessible to people with disabilities: Tzuk, Northern Tzuk, Metzizim and Hilton (all in the northern part of the city).